Pages

2013-02-01

January 2013

So it's been a month and I would like to share some thoughts on my progress of the 365



I've had 2 of my photos on the Explore page of Flickr.
It's a very special honor since they pick the most interesting images of the day from the 10s of thousands of pics they post everyday from all around the world

The first one was my breakfast picture:

2013 Day 2
It's got around 800 views and a lot of likes..
I was trying to take a top down view but all my test shots were horrible. My egg torta was bit overcooked and it didn't photograph well. This was a last minute angle change before I moved on and took shots of the bookshelf. Those didn't come out well also and I finally chose this out of dozen of bad shots that day. Lucky shot? maybe..

The next photo which got featured in Explore was Day 8
2013 Day 8

The family (actually just Issa) was taking down the Christmas decorations and I had to take a shot with the lil Santas before they put them away.
Just like my shot from 2 years ago
Day 2

I had a bottle of Katipunan Craft's Christmas blend and I got this in 5 minutes


Part of this 365 project is cross-posting to my Instagram http://instagram.com/ssshortzzz

I have a number of followers here different from the ones that see my work in Flickr.
Mostly friends and acquaintances, I see how the likes on Flickr and Instagram differ and how their tastes are different from each other

The most liked picture in my Instagram is the one of the Katipunan skyline
2013 Day 15
and since it's square on IG and I added a filter, it looks a bit different
http://instagram.com/p/UgK17vB2VA/


Things I've learned:

1. If you put #hashtags, there are people around the world that search for those tags and will like your photo

2. I should bring my camera with me all the time. I do have my cellphone, but my current phone has a SUCKY camera and I'm unhappy with all the ones I took with my phone

3. Biking around is not only for exercise, but is a good way for me to look a nice shot

No comments:

NuffNang

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...